Open Gym Policies and Schedule
Open Gym is available to students wanting to use the space for movement arts. You are allowed to use music in open gym, just make sure that you are not disrupting the other people in Open Gym with the volume.
Please be responsible and only work on things that you feel capable of doing without having a teacher present.
- Must be an active student. This can be at any aerial studio. If you are not one of BMA’s active students, please reach out and let us know you’re coming and what apparatus you’d like to train on. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must by 16 or over.
- You are allowed to bring your own apparatus.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to Open Gym start time so that someone can get you set up on your point.
- We have silks, lyra and dance trapeze available for use, but in the event that all apparatus are used for class, you will need to provide your own.
- You must use a height appropriate mat or crash pad.
- Please refrain from peer teaching or learning from social media in open gyms.
- If you have questions, let us know!
- No fire inside.
- If you would like to do fire outdoors at our space, please reach out to us in advance and bring a trained fire safety with you.
- Any flow props are fine as long as you aren’t entering other class space.
- Please make sure to stay within the Open Gym area.
- Use proper safety equipment (if applicable).